Fun in the sun doesn’t get better than this! Cool down at Fylde Council’s splash park by the sea within the beautiful setting of the Promenade Gardens, St Anne’s. Splash is located within a stunning Grade II listed park famous for its distinctive rockeries, floral displays and water features. The facility is set within a former open air paddling pool surrounded by an amphitheatre for spectators. It has been designed to sympathetically blend with the sites heritage structures. There is a fantastic range of features including spray loops, water sprays, bucket drops, water domes and a small section for paddling. Children of all abilities can activate the sensor operated water jets.
Splash is a free public facility.
Maximum user capacity
Splash has been designed for short duration visits and has the capacity for 120 users and seating for 300 spectators. The Council reserves the right to control access to the facility during busy times, to ensure the safety of users and effective operation of the water management system.
Hours of operation
Opening times of Splash are subject to weather conditions, cleaning and maintenance requirements. We advise you check the facility is open prior to making your journey by checking our Facebook and Twitter pages or Discover Fylde website for regular updates. Alternatively you can contact Fylde Council’s Tourist Information Team on Tel: 01253 658443.
In the event that conditions are suitable, we will operate in 2021 from mid May (date tbc):
Shut down The Splash water management system is switched off at 4.00pm. All visitors are required to vacate the facility after this time. Access to Splash will be restricted outside advertised opening hours and gates will be locked accordingly.
A refreshments operator selling ice-creams, lollies and drinks will be conveniently situated at Splash throughout the season.
Toilets and changing
There are currently no changing facilities on site so please come prepared. The nearest Danfo public toilets to Splash are:
- Adjacent to the Splash entrance.
- Lifeboat Monument, Promenade Gardens, South Promenade, St. Anne’s.
- Near Beach Terrace, Fairhaven Road, St. Anne’s.
The charge is 20p and the toilets are open from 6.30am to 8.30pm 7 days a week throughout the season. Please do not use the toilets at the Toby Carvery Salters Wharf unless you are a paying customer. For more information about local public toilet provision please click the following link: Fylde Public Toilets.
Please be aware that the facility is chemically treated with sodium and Calcium hypochlorite and Sodium bisulfate. If there is a possibility of an allergic reaction, we advise you test the water on your child’s skin prior to entering the splash zone.
Only film or photograph your friends and family.
- Splash is specifically designed for children 3 years – 12 years. Children need to be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
- All persons using the facility do so at their own risk.
- Fylde Council is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Proper swim attire is required.
- All users must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe and family orientated manner. Running, horseplay and any other antisocial disturbance is strictly prohibited.
- Do not climb, swing or pull on the splash park equipment.
- Avoid swallowing or spitting the facility water.
- The following items are prohibited in the splash play zone: mud, sand, plants, branches, pool toys, floats, glass, breakable objects, food and beverages.
- Alcohol and smoking is prohibited in all areas of the facility.
- BBQs and open fires are prohibited in all areas of the facility.
- Infants not toilet trained must wear swim nappies. Should any child have a ‘little mishap’ the facility may have to be closed for cleaning – please help us to reduce this risk.
- Persons with infectious diseases or open wounds must not use the splash park.
- Flat water shoes/ sandals are recommended. No street/ heeled shoes permitted.
- No skateboards, blades, skates, scooters or bikes are permitted.
- Strollers, walkers and wheelchairs are permitted.
- Pets are not allowed – except for assistance dogs.